Great Authors

  • Cassandra Clare
  • Christopher Pike
  • J.K. Rowling

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Letter to J.K. Rowling- Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

Dear J.K. Rowling,

       First off, I am going to apologize for not reading your book sooner. As a lover of fantasy, I strongly regret not picking the book to read at a younger age. I loved the first book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. Not just the book itself, but EVERYTHING about it. The events were fast paced, and made me feel as if I was at Hogwarts student myself.

      As an aspiring writer myself, I love how you have created four houses to show the different traits the characters have. I believe I would be in Gryffindor, but the Sorting Hat may say differently. The way that the world was created- from dragons to spells to evil villains- has created the world that I would truly love to live in.

     The character of Harry Potter himself is entirely a story on its own. He may be the main character, but he also is the leader of the defeat of Voldemort. This shows how sometimes people unexpected, like an orphan with evil foster parents, can save the day. I want to thank you for making him such a strong character. Without him, the book would not be the same. Although he is very curious, this trait has caused him to save the lives of many, and the life of the entire school of Hogwarts. The last thing for me to share my love for is the spells. YES, the spells. They are uber creative! My favorite is incendio. Like Hermione, who doesn't need a portable water-proof fire?

    I must ask you: How did you manage to think of such a wonderful plot line with this fascinating world to accompany it?

     Everyone should read this book, not just someone who loves fantasy. What an amazing world you gave created. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series!

                                                                                                                  Best wishes,
Ashton Nichols

P.S.- Write more books!

More spells: http://www.pojo.com/harrypotter/spelist.shtml


4 comments:

  1. Haha I like how you didn't just tell the author that you liked the book but that you wish you'd read it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! Harry Potter is on my list of "series to finish" this year. I wish I had read all the books waaay sooner because I've only read the first 2 books:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100%. I just started Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. It is an amazing book, and I have only read three chapters. I do agree when you say the events are fast paced. The Dursleys move three times when Harry keeps receiving all these letters. And suddenly, Hagrid takes Harry and leaves. The book has been interesting so far and nothing like I have ever read before. The author has certainly put a lot of work in it. Writing a story is hard. But, writing a story in another world is very difficult. I really like the book so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Hogwarts! If our school was Hogwarts I would want to go to school everyday year round! The first book is wonderful, I love the train ride with all the cool candies and he meets his friends that he will have for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete