Great Authors

  • Cassandra Clare
  • Christopher Pike
  • J.K. Rowling

Monday, May 26, 2014

Chain Letter- Why I chose this book.

      Surprise! Another book by the AMAZING Christopher Pike.

      I'm on page 89, and I got this book yesterday. When most people read this, they will be thinking- well it's Ashton, she reads a lot. It's not the books that gets you to love reading, it's the authors. You could very well so take out the author's style and craft in Thirst. The question is: what is left? Words? Yes. Sentences? Yes. A great story? No. You could twist and turn every little aspect of the story, but we all know it would never come close to something Christopher Pike could write.

    After I read the entire Thirst series, I wanted to read other things he's written (http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Christopher-Pike/1080960 for a list of books). Remember Me, which is about a girl wanting revenge that came back from the dead, was not really up my alley after reading a vampire novel. So, I took a break. This was about a year ago.

    Last week, I was standing at Meijer, making my bimonthly decision on which books I want to stock up on. I looked through the YA section about 10 times then I saw it- Chain Letter. I immediately grabbed it and flipped it over, ready for another adventure in the world of Christopher Pike that I have been long over due for. True, some of his books can get kind of graphic, but if you get past that minor flaw to the weak stomached, his books take you far and wide across the world. I'll admit this right now, everything Christopher Pike writes should have a warning label: CAUTION: THIS BOOK WILL DRAG ITSELF TO YOU, AND BE GLUED TO YOU UNTIL IT IS SATISFIED YOU HAVE READ IT FROM COVER TO COVER. GOOD LUCK. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you write your blogs! I've never read a Christopher Pike book before but I might have to now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you describe your favorite author really encourages people to try out their books. I know who I'm going to for a good read!

    ReplyDelete