Great Authors

  • Cassandra Clare
  • Christopher Pike
  • J.K. Rowling

Friday, May 9, 2014

Chain Letter- Most Important Line


      Page 154. Chapter 12. Paragraph Three. First Sentence. 19 words. Right here, in this moment, is the most important line, "If you are not certain they are dead, do what you know you shouldn't, and be certain. Your Caretaker."

     Believe me or not, we know what is true. Fran and Kipp have just gone missing. Everyone believes they are dead, but are they?

     This line is by far the most important line in possibly the entire book. But why? It was a spark. A tiny, minuscle spark that fuels the anger of the five remaining teenagers. From this spark, the teenagers are now divded and either:

                                                 A: Hunt down the Caretaker.
                                                 B: Keep following the orders and hoping if being good will give them their friends back.

      I personally liked the first one better, but that just may be me.

    As I discussed the division that occurs in my last blog, it is only growing more. Everyone is on this massive hunt to find Fran and Kipp, but at the same time are wondering if they are actually dead. However, Joan is not fueled, but rather bored. Could this be because she is the Caretaker? I don't think that Christopher Pike would make it this easy to figure out who it is because he is notorious for surprise endings, but more that he would use her as a Red Herring. Part of me thinks that it is Alison, because she was the character first introduced into the book, and it would be a good surprise to throw at us readers. Well done, Pike, well done.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Ashton! This blog post was really interesting. I can definitely see your voice in this post and the beginning of the post really drew me in. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book now! I love the telegraphic sentences you used at the beginning and i love your voice! its actually kind of funny and it makes the piece interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete